Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My first (real) post.

Sometimes in our life we think we are nothing.  We think we are the least important thing on the planet, and that we are trodden on, kicked, punched, and shot down so much that we can't possibly amount to anything.

I am here to tell you that is completely false.

I mean, we all have down times, that's just part of life.  You know, you get shot down, you get back up.  Maybe as a zombie, but you still get back up.

And I've played minecraft enough to know that even if you think you are "dead," you are reborn again at your spawn point, your mind.  If you know that you are nothing, and by know I mean really, really, really know, then you are.  If you keep telling yourself that you suck, who's going to be there to congratulate you if you do something good?  That way, you'll never get back up, and end up getting stuck in a vicious cycle, down, down, down, until finally, you ARE nothing.

That's why you have friends.  To tell you that you are something.  That's why you (sometimes) have someone exuberantly special in your life to say that they love you.

And you can't just make that up.  Believe me, if you lie about having someone special, you're just lying to yourself.  I know.  I've been there, and I still am.  Because I was stupid.  Maybe I still am.  If you keep building yourself up like that, you're ultimately going to fall.  Try it.  If you build a tower out of 2x2 bricks stacked on top of each other as the only support, it's going to fall if you even breathe on it.  Think of each block as each lie.  As you keep telling more lies, you're going to be hated by everyone.  You've just made you're reputation as a liar.

If you only have a few lies, confess to them.  You're giving reinforcement to that tower, such as struts and braces.  That way if it falls, it won't be because of you.  It'll be the person that shoots you down.  Then the blame will be on him/her.

Don't lie.  You don't want to be me right now.  Seriously.  And if you have, confess.

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment